Manage episode 285190895 series 2863316
For the effective leader, curiosity is a powerful tool to build and nurture strong connections.
Today we speak with leadership experts Linwood Paul and Matt D’Amour of Subtle Distinctions about how fostering your curiosity will make you a better leader; especially at times when emotions run high. From taking stock of your inner-world to helping people feel seen and heard, we touch on the leadership benefits of being curious and how this leads to greater productivity and ultimately, higher returns.
This is a conversation filled with actionable steps to expand your leadership ability. Tune in to benefit from Linwood and Matt’s proven insights.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The need to free up space in our minds for what’s most important.
- Exploring the links between curiosity and building connections.
- What you can do to develop curiosity in your life.
- Building a connection by making people feel seen and heard.
- Hear about the pillars that lead to being a present and open leader.
- Advice on how people can stay connected during the pandemic.
- Linwood and Matt talk about how they maintain their connection as business partners and colleagues.
- The five currencies that we expend for any action and how this impacts our perception of a service or product.
- The differences between finding time, making time, or taking time.
- Connecting before doing business versus connecting after business has concluded.
- Modeling your work culture so that your team is aware of all expectations.
- Why you need to give your team an opportunity to share their views.
- How you can make excellent decisions by creating a pool of shared meaning.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: