Eating in the Light of the Moon with Dr. Anita Johnston
Manage episode 254332810 series 1041502
“The feminine principle is here, she’s arrived. Women are waking up and they’re finding their voice and they are signing.”
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, I am joined by eating psychology pioneer, storyteller and author Dr. Anita Johnston.
Anita Johnston, Ph.D., CEDS is a clinical psychologist and certified eating disorder specialist and supervisor, working in the field of women’s issues and eating disorders for over 35 years.
She is the author of the best selling book, Eating in the Light of the Moon and co-creator of the Light of the Moon Cafe, a series of online interactive courses and women’s support circles, and Soul Hunger workshops. She is currently the Clinical Director of Ai Pono Hawaii eating disorder programs with out-patient programs on Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii, and an ocean-front residential program on Maui.
We talk about:
- how her interest in disordered eating began and what she learned along the way
- what it’s like to have an uncanny ability to see the invisible
- why we’re all naturally metaphoric and what we can learn from the world of metaphors
- what happens to other areas of your life when you begin to restrict food
- the origins of why women question the experience of being female in our world and the patriarchy of the female body
- the meaning of archetypes as described by Carl Jung
- how to learn to trust the instincts of your body
- appreciating the value of your intuition
- the gift of your disordered eating
- how we can rebalance the feminine and masculine energies in our world
- what recovery from an eating disorder actually requires
- the deep connection between the menstrual cycle and the onset of eating disorders
- why the moon is such a powerful symbol for the Feminine
- the metaphor of the log
- the idea that there is a great amount of joy in the recovery process and that it can actually be fun!
- and so much more!
Where to find Anita:
Website: lightofthemooncafe.com and dranitajohnston.com
Other Resources we mention:
- Discover the Meaning Behind Your Food Cravings or Phobias
- Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food Through Myths, Metaphors, and Storytelling by Anita Johnston
I’d be super grateful if you took a moment to leave a review on iTunes. Simply click this link, click Listen on Apple Podcasts, go to Reviews and Ratings and then Write a Review.
Enjoy this episode!
Love and light,
When you journal, magic ensues.
You begin to hear yourself, feel yourself and trust yourself more and more.
Check out my Email Series 365 Journaling Prompts for more Body-Confidence, Self-Love & Happiness. This soul-opening program will be delivered to your inbox every single day for a year. Get the details here.
Want more support? Join the free Escape Diet Prison Facebook group to engage with others who are on the same path as you. We can only grow if we surround ourselves with like-minded people. If you don’t, you’ll stay stuck and that is a promise.
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now. YOU are a change maker in this world and your voice needs to be heard.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
The post Eating in the Light of the Moon with Dr. Anita Johnston appeared first on Anne-Sophie Reinhardt.