Anorexia in Fat People with Victoria Welsby
Manage episode 255010388 series 1041502
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, I am joined by Victoria Welsby.
Victoria is a world-leading expert on body image and confidence, TEDx speaker and best-selling author. She went from being homeless, abused with self-esteem that was achingly low into the courageous fat activist and change maker she is today. Victoria helps people fall in love with themselves and is dedicated to shifting the way society views fat bodies.
We talk about:
- how she lived what a belief that her fat body was the cause of her misery
- why and how her mission in life has changed
- her experience on the BBC documentary “Who Are You Calling Fat?” and the intention behind her appearance on the show
- how she dealt with being around people who were convinced that it’s not OK to be fat
- body-image and self-esteem triggers and doubts
- the idea of fat being a disease and why health not being black or white
- why it’s so normal to feel body-shame and what you can do about it
- her journey from not having self-esteem to being the FIERCE fatty
- the processes behind EMDR and CBT
- why she believes that everyone should go to therapy
- you have to do scary things in order to get confident
- Anorexia in fat people and why eating disorders are more frequent in people who have bigger bodies
- the way that we eat as a society is deeply disordered
- it’s possible to deeply believe/know that you don’t need to be thin to get what you want!
- and so much more!
Where to find Victoria:
Other resources we mention:
Previous episode with Victoria:
Ready to change YOUR life? Book your 30-minute discovery session with me here and start living a life free of diet prison today.
I’d be super grateful if you took a moment to leave a review on iTunes. Simply click this link, click Listen on Apple Podcasts, go to Reviews and Ratings and then Write a Review.
Love and light,
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
READY TO RESPECT YOUR BODY?
Get Your 101 Body-Respect Affirmations Now!
MORE THAN 70-MINUTES OF BEAUTIFUL, SOUL-TOUCHING, MAGICAL AFFIRMATIONS AND EXPLANATIONS THAT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU RELATE TO YOUR BODY.
>>> CLAIM YOUR BODY-RESPECT NOW. <<<
The post Anorexia in Fat People with Victoria Welsby appeared first on Anne-Sophie Reinhardt.