Manage episode 286432360 series 41400
Julien Bouteloup is a serial entrepreneur, Ethereum developer and addict of crazy innovative ideas. He started his entrepreneurial career building websites and selling hardware technologies at age 14. Today he is involved with many projects including Stake Capital, Rekt, Curve Finance, and he advises several crypto companies.
Julien strives to bring to light the dark side of crypto. As DeFi grows, so do the number of questionable projects and ethical concerns around certain practices. Julien joins us to talk about the excesses in the DeFi space and how the ecosystem should cope with them.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Julien's background, how he found crypto, and the various projects Julien is working on today
- The Stake DAO - its purpose and vision
- Julien's views on the state of DeFi today
- Price arbitrage attacks in the ecosystem - Flashloans
- Julien's involvement in Curve Finance and how this platform is pushing towards more resilient DeFi protocols
- Julien's thoughts on NFT and Decentralized Monopoly
- Curve's reaction to the launch of Saddle
- The role of validators in the space
- Stacker Ventures: A community-run protocol for initiating and managing pooled capital on the Ethereum blockchain. Structured as a DAO, it initiates decentralized funds, accelerates portfolio investments through an involved community, and provides checks and balances to fund management - https://epicenter.rocks/stacker
This episode is hosted by Sebastien Couture & Sunny Aggarwal. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/381