Manage episode 306153524 series 2542482
Cometh is a game on Ethereum that lets users own yield-generating NFTs, integrating both DeFi and NFT features into a single, fun gaming experience. As a player, you control spaceships (also called astronomers) orbiting around giant stars and your goal is to position yourself close to the asteroids (also known as smart asteroids) passing by. When you are close enough, you will be able to mine tokens from that asteroid.
Jerome de Tychey, founder of the project, joined us to chat about how the game works, interactions with AMMs and lending protocols, and the future of blockchain gaming.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Jerome's background and his involvement building the French Ethereum community
- Jerome's role at Ledger and ConsenSys
- An overview of Cometh and how the game works
- How Cometh interacts with AMMs and lending protocols
- The game’s native tokens: MUST and DUST
- Cometh's use of Polygon and the launch of its own layer-2 network
- How Cometh taps into the existing NFT world
- The potential for games built on top of existing DeFi infrastructure
- The future of blockchain gaming and NFTs
- CowSwap: CowSwap is a Meta-Dex Aggregator built by Gnosis. It taps into all on-chain liquidity - including other dex aggregators such as Paraswap, 1inch and Matcha - offering the best prices on all trades. It provides some UX perks (no gas costs for failed transactions!) and protects traders against MEV. - https://epicenter.rocks/cowswap
This episode is hosted by Sebastien Couture. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/416