Manage episode 307339932 series 2542482
Solana has pursued the vision of a single, fast and scalable blockchain from the start. Today, it has become one of the fastest growing ecosystems in crypto with hundreds of projects spanning DeFi, NFTs, Web3, and more.
Last week 2,000 attendees descended on Lisbon for the first-ever Solana conference, Breakpoint. We caught up with Co-founder and CEO Anatoly Yakovenko at the event for a chat about the Solana journey and some of the most important questions they are facing today around decentralization, scalability, governance, and MEV.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Solana's origin story and thesis
- The current state of Solana
- What censorship resistance is and why it matters
- Solana's bottlenecks and remaining scaling challenges
- Anatoly's views on governance
- Solana and Miner Extractable Value (MEV)
- Rollups as an Ethereum scaling solution
- Market and adoption cycle
- CowSwap: CowSwap is a Meta-Dex Aggregator built by Gnosis. It taps into all on-chain liquidity - including other dex aggregators such as Paraswap, 1inch and Matcha - offering the best prices on all trades. It provides some UX perks (no gas costs for failed transactions!) and protects traders against MEV. - https://epicenter.rocks/cowswap
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/418