Manage episode 290975161 series 2427335
In this episode, Eric Kasimov chats with Lance Collins, a United States Army Combat Veteran with 15 years of military service. This conversation is all about decision-making, flexibility, and having a consistent philosophy.
Lance Collins is a leader at Pinnacle Financial Partners where he is a Financial Advisor and Area Manager, overseeing a team of advisors specializing in wealth management and financial planning. I’ve had experience with Pinnacle Bank both in business to business and as a consumer. And hearing about Lance’s story both with the military and as a leader, it was important to continue the conversation on this podcast. If we are going to spend time talking about decision-making, we absolutely need to learn from those that risked their lives for our country. Lance tells stories from his time in the United States Military–and those stories will help anyone learn how to become a better decision-maker.
The image for this podcast was taken at Baghdad airport in 2003. This is after the main push when the US military began to have an occupational force throughout the city. Lance’s squad was QRF (Quick Reaction Force) for the battalion. This squad got on the birds as reinforcements when a unit was taking heavy casualties or needed additional help to eliminate the enemy.
Thank you to Lance Collins for his service. And thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode titled, “Army Combat Veteran Talks Decision-Making with Lance Collins.”
Headlines: Army Combat Veteran Talks Decision-Making | EP Podcast
You Better Have Flexibility in the Military and Business
Developing the Ability to Becoming a Better Decision-Maker
Making a Decision is Better Than No Decision
In the Military, Decision-Making is Life or Death
Make Really Good Small Decisions
Expectations When Joining the Military
Focus on What You Can Control, Not the Outcome
You Have to Re-Invent Yourself When Dealing With a Major Transition
Consistency in Messaging and a Core Philosophy
Do Not Compromise On Your Culture
Pinnacle Financial Partners | Pinnacle Bank
KazCM is a content marketing team. We help business leaders tell their stories to those who care. Learn More.
Do you like sports and entrepreneurship? If so, we have a brand for you | Visit SportsEpreneur
Useful links from this episode:
Other links from this episode:
- Podcast Episode: The Pursuit of Uncommon Leadership with Tim Kight
- Brand Consistency Matters
- Haskell Shelton’s LinkedIn post about baseball cards | referenced in this episode
- An article about “Good” by Mitch Long | Insurance Brokerage at KazInsurance
Connect with us:
- Thank you for checking out this podcast episode, “Army Combat Veteran Talks Decision-Making with Lance Collins”
- This Entrepreneur Perspectives podcast episode exists because of our Podcast Production Team | Check it out.
- Content Matterz Podcast: Listen
- The Music heard in this podcast is titled, “Here for the Win” and was provided by Here For The Win Productions
- We would be grateful if you subscribed to Entrepreneur Perspectives on Apple: Apple Podcasts
The post EP133 | Army Combat Veteran Talks Decision-Making | Lance Collins appeared first on KazSource.