Manage episode 285892679 series 118122
This recording is the sixth part of a multi-part episode on Professor David Lancy's book The Anthropology of Childhood.
In this episode, we look at children learning through work, including questions such as:
- When do children start doing chores? What is their attitude to them?
- How does learning through chores tend to differ by gender?
- How do young people learn crafts?
- What are apprenticeships like? Why do they exist separately from the main body of craft learning?
- How similar are any of these learning situations to school?
- What ancient institutions might school have evolved from?
Enjoy the episode.