Manage episode 292353877 series 2911629
I am delighted to welcome amazing Mike Bandar, a serial entrepreneur, a founding partner of Turn Partners, the start-up studio focused on the acquisition, turnaround, or creation of digital businesses.
Mike is telling a story of his entrepreneurial journey, how he started from a young age(13) and developed and scaled multiple businesses. He is sharing what he learned during the way and how it helped him be more resilient. Mike is embracing the concept of staying in the learning zone and constantly improving.
He has received various awards and accolades including being awarded a British Empire Medal from the Queen of the United Kingdom for his coaching and training work within entrepreneurship and a Doctorate of Science (DSc) for his contribution to enterprise and entrepreneurship.
Through Turn Partners, Mike co-founded Hopper HQ the Instagram planning and scheduling tool, working with thousands of influencers, brands, and agencies around the world. He is also co-founder of the fast scaling platform Waybook, a tool for business owners and senior leaders to easily document their systems, processes, and know-how which become highly effective onboarding, training, and reference material for teams.
- Introducing Mike Bandar (00:33)
- Where does your energy come from? (04:44)
- Are you born to be an entrepreneur? (07:00)
- Ground zero - The early wins are the best (10:13)
- Mike’s view on being an entrepreneur - Is that something anyone can do it? (11:45)
- Exploring the model of co-founders in Mike’s businesses (15:26)
- Highs and lows in Toy Boy business - what were the outtakes? (18:40)
- The digital world - which direction consumers should take? (23:01)
- How are you safeguarding the privacy of your customers? (26:40)
- Importance of setting personal challenges (29:36)
- Finding your learning zone (33:50)
- Mike’s words to young people coming out of university or school in this peculiar time (36:04)
- What has been the best piece of advice you have ever been given? (39:16)
- If you could have coffee with anyone, who would that be? (40:33)
Learn more about Turn Partners
Follow us on Instagram
Visit our website