Manage episode 292825578 series 2639148
What does it mean to become a student of birth?
For Lauren Leduc, that was the role she took on when she planned for her home birth.
“I took on pregnancy and birth like it was my major in college!”
Who else can relate to that? Lauren shares her birth story of her daughter Gemma. Unsure at first if she wanted to have children, things shifted for Lauren after she turned 35. Eventually she and her husband Arthur made plans to grow the family.
Lauren walks us through some of the challenges that popped up along the way during the pregnancy, the magical birth experience and then the unplanned transfer to the hospital after birth because of complications with the placenta.
One of the big takeaways from this episode is to use your resources and go with your intuition.
Things we talk about in this episode: subchorionic haematoma, progesterone, velamentous cord insertion, postpartum hospital transfer, fetal ejection reflex, D&C
- Lauren’s website: www.Thrivewithlauren.com
- Lauren’s yoga studio: www.trueloveyogakc.com
- Lauren’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thrivewithlaurenleduc/
- Sacred Song Home Birth: http://sacredsonghomebirth.com/
- Our website: https://www.diahpodcast.com/
- Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3jKtIYv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diahpodcast/
- Donate to DIAH: https://bit.ly/3qgm4r9
- DIAH Shop: ttps://bit.ly/3qhwgAe