Manage episode 283878806 series 2866280
Remember Breed, TM, Miguel Zarate, all the other dance teams and choreographers in the early 2000’s? Jordan and Salome have some good throwback conversations about how dance used to be 15+ years ago. You’ll also get behind the scenes of Disneyland’s Mickey and the Magical Map show. Who doesn’t love a good Disney inside look?!
In this episode you will learn about:
- A different type of inspiration to start dancing.
- The process of Disney auditions and getting ready to debut a show.
- Learning to take on other talents for a gig that would last for years.
- The shift that dance has taken and how dancers are creating a different community.
- How dance competitions looked 15+ years ago.
Favorite Quote: “I'm gonna do today what others won’t, so I can do tomorrow what others can’t.”
Jordan loves teaching and he has seen a difference throughout the years from the dance community.
Jordan started dancing at the Honolulu Dance Studio in 2002 studying Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop, and Breakdancing. Became a member with the New Hope Christian Fellowship Dance team and performed with artists such as Plus One, Jodi McBrayer, The Katinas, and Nicole C. Mullen. After high school, moving to California to further his dance career with The Young Americans College/Outreach Tour group. Touring all over the United States and abroad in Europe teaching Singing, Dancing, and Acting thru the Young Americans Music Outreach Program.
Soon after college he started performing for the Disney Company in the shows elecTRONica and Mickey and The Magical Map. He has also performed with several dance crews in Southern California such as, Natural St8, Reality Check, Mix'd Elements, Colabor8, in competitions such as WOD, HHI, Maxt Out, and Vibe.
Text: ANNIVERSARY to (323) 524-9857 to view our WATCH PARTY for our 20th Anniversary Maxt Out Dance Competition online!
- Learn more: Dance Your Life
- Learn more: Maxt Out Dance Competition
- Instagram @maxtoutdance
- Maxt Out on Facebook
- TikTok @maxtoutdance
- Sign-up for our FREE Maxt Out at Home Dance Classes!