Manage episode 285629331 series 1313446
What happens if we don’t train for a week, or two, or three? Are you more worried about losing fitness . . . or confidence? February has sucked for a lot of us, and many are training for a race they chose two years ago, but it’s okay to not be “feeling it” right now. Today we talk expectations, goals, and why we should lead with intention instead of ultimatums. Sometimes treading water is enough if it keeps you in the game. Also, short Ironman builds, resentments, and adjusting your benchmarks on the fly.
- Why February might be the toughest month
- It’s 100% okay to be struggling right now
- Gigantic shelf life for motivation
- We change, our motivation changes
- What if racing becomes an obligation??
- What makes you happiest right now?
- Taking expectations off our races
- Insomnia and vitamin D
- Shorter Ironman builds
- Emotional peaking way too early
- Why do we always want a “countdown?”
- The toughest races to train for based on time of year
- The pressure of ONE DAY
- The race as the release
- The pressure to prove that we are somebody
- Squeezing the most out of today
- College basketball, athletes, and no fans
- Spectator energy
- Treading water . . .
- Are you worried about losing fitness or confidence?
- Life doesn’t care
- Don’t spend time being resentful
- Adjusting Benchmarks
- Coach Mike is accepting full-time athletes. Please check out the benefits of Customized Weekly Coaching here or contact Mike directly at: CrushingIron@gmail.com
- Registration is now open for the C26 Club Training Program. Take the worry and stress out of your 2021 season planning, recovering, taper, etc. For more information, please visit www.C26Triathlon.com/the-c26-club
- Looking for a swim analysis, personalized zones for training, and an awesome experience? Check out our New C26 Hub Training Center in Chattanooga.
- C26 Gear is now available (for a limited time) at www.c26triathlon.com/c26-store A great way to support the podcast!
- Looking for an awesome coach? Former Professional triathlete, Jessica Jacobs is now coaching for C26 Triathlon. Check out her bio and contact information at our Coaching Page on C26Triathlon.com
Big Shout out to podcast listener and Wordpress designer Bobby Hughes for helping get the new c26triathlon.com off the ground. If you like what you see and may need a website, check out Bobby’s work at https://hughesdesign.co/
Our 2020 C26 Camps are sold out (other than swim camp) Find out more on our Camps Page.
If you'd like to support the Crushing Iron Podcast, hit up our Pledge Page and help us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance!
Are you thinking about raising your game or getting started in triathlon with a coach? Check out our Crushing Iron Coaching Philosophy Video
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
Facebook: CrushingIron YouTube: Crushing Iron Twitter: CrushingIron Instagram: C26_Triathlon