254: Direct Fire! Weldwerks Founder Neil Fisher Takes Listener Brewing Questions
Manage episode 337948136 series 1755672
In this first-ever “Direct Fire” episode of the podcast, listeners from around the globe heat things up with spicy brewing questions for Weldwerks founder Neil Fisher. From IPA to hefeweizen, pastry sour, and stout, every style is fair game as you ask and Neil answers questions around:
- ideal pH in hoppy beers for aroma and flavor expression
- achieving pie-crust flavor in kettle sours
- using vanilla in bean and extract form
- building mouthfeel in stout with oats, wheat, and even flaked corn
- yeast choice and fermentation concerns with hefeweizen
- controlling ester production in hefeweizen through temperature and pitch rate
- optimizing chocolate flavors in barrel-aged stout
- orienting the brewery around community service
- employing hazy IPA techniques in West Coast-style IPA
This episode is brought to you by:
Accubrew (https://accubrew.io): AccuBrew is an analytical tool designed to collect and compare the information brewers need to produce consistent results and continuously improve the process of fermentation. AccuBrew is more than a progress bar and early warning system. It is an ever evolving piece of technology tailored to you and your process.
- Save time and turn tanks faster.
- Monitor and compare batch progress in real-time.
- Enter notes, set custom reminders and temperature alerts.
- And detect process issues before a batch is ruined. Quality, consistency, and confidence. That is what AccuBrew delivers! Visit accubrew.io today, for a no obligation 90 day trial!
BSG (https://bsgcraftbrewing.com) Brought to you by CanCraft and BSG. Whether you need a full-service packaging experience, from design to delivery, or you just need some aluminum cans, CanCraft can do. CanCraft’s design & aluminum specialists are here to support your business every step of the way. Visit bsgcraftbrewing.com/CanCraft to learn how CanCraft can help realize your brand potential.
G&D Chillers (https://gdchillers.com): What if you could chill your beer with a more efficient chiller? The Answer? G&D Chillers new Micro Channel Condensers! G&D’s Micro Channel Condensers are highly efficient in hotter regions, use a fraction of the refrigerant over traditional chillers which provides less opportunity for leaks along with lower global warming potential. G&D Chillers’ Engineers are committed to green technology design, while developing a more energy efficient chiller for the brewing industry. Contact G&D Chillers today at gdchillers.com