Manage episode 295304642 series 1221153
Today’s episode is focused on leadership and how the brokerage industry has evolved, and Chuck Scott is here to share his wisdom. He is the Chief Executive Officer, Canada, at Cushman & Wakefield.
Chuck talks about the impact COVID-19 has had on his company and the whole real estate industry, as well as how he sees the next few years unfolding. He explains why office space is still going to be needed and what Cushman & Wakefield are doing to keep employees safe.
Topics covered include:
- Fundamental shifts that are happening in the commercial real estate industry.
- Robust demand for strategic intelligence.
- Re-examining the use of office space.
- Real estate sophistication incraesing over time.
- Changing client needs
- Technology that has become useful in the past few years.
- The best job that Chuck ever had and what it taught him.
- Starting out with a small real estate company in the mid 1990s.
- Challenges with integrating cultures during acquisitions.
- Managing chaos when the COVID-19 pandemic started.
- Three things Chuck has learned about handling the pandemic.
- Protocols that Cushman & Wakefield have put in place to make return-to-work safe.
- Co-working spaces and why Chuck thinks they will become popular again.
- Figuring out what type of work will be done in offices to determine amenities.
More about our guest….
As Chief Executive Officer, Canada, of Cushman & Wakefield, Chuck Scott oversees the strategic oversight of the firm’s Canadian corporate operations. His responsibilities include developing and executing the company’s growth strategies, building new business opportunities and client partnerships, and enhancing the firm’s presence and service offerings in the region.
Chuck’s proven track record of strategic leadership and growing the Canadian business by more than 200% through both organic growth initiatives and acquisitions propelled him into an expanded roles including overseeing Cushman and Wakefield’s business in Latin America in 2019, and most recently leading the Americas Valuation & Advisory Services platform for a year in 2020. During those times, Chuck was responsible for leading the business’s overall growth strategy, identifying future growth opportunities and leading change through innovative approaches to garner maximum results amid a rapidly evolving industry landscape.
Chuck joined Cushman & Wakefield in 2008, bringing more than 20 years’ executive leadership experience and commercial real estate expertise. Chuck has served as CEO, Canada since 2016. Before that, he served as the Senior Managing Director & President of Cushman & Wakefield’s GlobalOccupier Services division where under his leadership, the business unit achieved record-setting revenue growth.
Chuck is an energetic, driven, and passionate leader with proven success in developing and fostering long-term relationships with some of the firm’s largest occupier and investor clients. Throughout his career, he has been focused on identifying high value opportunities that position both the firm and its clients for continued growth.
Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Chuck was President of The Gordian Services Group, a boutique real estate consulting and project management firm where he oversaw its Canadian and U.S. operations.
Chuck has a degree inEconomics from the University of Western Ontario. He currently serves on the Board of Governors for Junior Achievement of Ontario as well as the on Real Estate Advisory Boards at both Ryerson University’s, and The University of Guelph’s Schools of Business .
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National.
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.
Join the REF Club and get access to all of the amazing events the CRE Podcast is hosting on the platform in 2021.
The post The Evolution of Brokerage with Chuck Scott of Cushman & Wakefield appeared first on Commercial Real Estate Podcast.