Manage episode 192830613 series 1744142
Healing from Hypoglycemia and Making Healthier Low-sugar Desserts
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, We talk about:
- We dive into Vanessa's background and how she got into the niche of baking healthy desserts.
- Specific methods to avoiding baking disasters when making healthy holiday treats.
- How lifestyle diseases like prediabetes are affected by everything in our lives from stress to diet.
Some highlights of this episode:
- How Vanessa discovered that stress and diet were affecting her health. Her passion was baking, but she needed to create healthy recipes. [04:28]
- In 2001, she had her first experience with vegan baking. She also wanted to become a pastry chef. She even did recipe development for Starbucks in Mexico. She also started developing whole wheat recipes. [11:30]
- How hypo-hypoglycemia and prediabetes is a lifestyle disease. Vanessa fainted again and went to a holistic doctor. [20:12]
- How Vanessa moved to Austin and started coaching and taking courses like Tony Robbins Mastery University before deciding to become a healthy baker. [26:44]
- Vanessa still experienced health issues and was diagnosed with endometriosis. Then she discovered that she had leaky gut. [29:38]
- How there are amazing healers out there, but you have to be receptive and ready to take their guidance. [33:11]
- In Noble Baking Vanessa creates recipes that please the palate with a feast of flavors, but they are still healthy. [37:16]
- In her classes or on social media she gets feedback about which sweeteners work best for people and are easier on the stomach. [45:06]
- How eating clean and green with quality protein makes it no problem to eat a paleo dessert or treat. How it's best to eat the lowest glycemic foods. [49:01]
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):