Manage episode 365055180 series 1423445
This week Adam is joined by Scott Johnston, CEO of Docker. Scott shares his journey to the CEO role, how he’s leading the company to not only grow revenue, but to also invest in developer facing features, their shift from a enterprise sales focus to a PLG driven model, and we even talk about Docker Desktop, the competition it faces, and the struggle they face when considering making it open source.
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Typesense – Lightning fast, globally distributed Search-as-a-Service that runs in memory. You literally can’t get any faster!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- How Docker 2.0 went from $11M to $135M in 2 years
- Docker Pricing
- Docker Series B
- Docker Scout
- We’re No Longer Sunsetting the Free Team Plan
- Docker-Sponsored Open Source Program
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!