Manage episode 285365220 series 2582524
In this article, we discuss the importance of aftercare in helping recovering people own their recovery as a way of achieving the real goal: a lifetime of clean and sober living. We believe that our best-practice We Care aftercare program inspires and guides our clients to stay on the path for the long haul, one day at a time.
We make the following points:
- Treatment is a short but necessary period that gives the client an opportunity to change the way he thinks and behaves.
- Therefore, the most important part of recovery is what happens on a daily basis after the client leaves treatment.
- That's why we focus so much on aftercare: our We Care program is built on the Recovery Wheel and follow up designed to optimise the chances of long-term sobriety.
- The 12 Spokes of Recovery are a handy reminder for our clients to focus on their recovery first or increase the risk of relapse.
- Bottom line, recovering addicts and alcoholics need to own their own recovery, for what we do is help them help themselves.