Manage episode 337296488 series 3297772
Linking the Travel Industry is a business travel podcast where we review the top travel industry stories that are posted on LinkedIn by LinkedIn members. We curate the top posts and discuss with them with travel industry veterans in a live session with real audience members. You can join the live recording session by visiting BusinessTravel360.com and registering for the next event.
Your Hosts are Riaan van Schoor, Ann Cederhall and Aash Shravah.
Stories covered on this session include -
- UK based Gray Dawes Travel continues on it's expansion path and acquires Ventur Travel, pushing it's annual turnover to £250m. David Bishop shares this news here. https://lnkd.in/dc4Mk42E
- Huge delays at US consular outposts around the world is not helping US inbound travel recovery. Lindsay Palmer about this from a South African perspective. Also at a time when more airlines are flying into SA, it must be very frustrating that their clients could wait up to 8 months for a visa appointment. https://lnkd.in/dmAiEMwJ
- Continuing to try and meet the imposed cap on daily passengers by Heathrow airport, British Airways halted sales of domestic and regional tickets. Chris Donovan tells us more here: https://lnkd.in/dAdcYumf
- Kurt Knackstedt brings us the big news that HRS, a travel and payment platform, acquired PayPense, and promises advanced digital payment simplicity. Read more here: https://lnkd.in/dHEDY9rZ
- Swiss International Air Lines starts introducing fares which already include carbon offsetting. (I think I read the same about LH but can't find that right now). Whilst a great initiviave (as well as some others, see the link) I wonder if this will throw any spanners into how existing offsetting schemes are working, as now some fares might need to be excluded from a corporate's offset program. https://lnkd.in/desUGb3a
Tune in every week to get your weekly update. You can subscribe to this podcast by searching BusinessTravel360 on Google Podcast, Apple Podcast, iHeart, Pandora or Spotify.Support the show