Manage episode 293231478 series 2920965
Jaimie Monahan is a prolific cold-water swimmer and a Guinness World Record holder as the first person in history to complete an ice mile on all Seven Continents and the “Ice Sevens Challenge,” including several of the coldest mile swims ever recorded. She was nominated for the 2018 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year by the World Open Water Swimming Association. She set two Guinness World Records in 2018: the Fastest Six Continents Swim and the First to Complete the Ice Sevens.
In this episode, join us as we learn and get motivated with her very inspiring journey of becoming a Guinness World Records titleholder.
My Unicorns, enjoy listening!
Here are a few topics you’ll hear in today’s show…
- Who is Jamie Monahan?
- Jamie Monahan as a kid and her swimming career journey.
- The two key moments during her childhood were when she got scared when swimming.
- Her world records in Guinness Book of World Records.
- How Jamie Monahan handles her defeats.
- Jamie Monahan’s biggest fear every time she gets into the water.
- The challenges during the pandemic and how she overcame her longest swim.
- Where is she getting her inspiration and courage?
- The best lesson that she learned from swimming.
- After getting into the Guinness Book of World Records, what’s next for Jamie Monahan?
Connect with Jaimie Monahan:
Connect with Coach Myke Celis:
This podcast is under Guerrilla Podcast Syndicate and powered by Kangaroofern, Australia's Independent Podcast Management Company.
Kangaroofern Website: https://kangaroofern.com/
Kangaroofern Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kangaroofern
Guerilla Podcast Syndicate Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/guerrillasweare
Guerilla Podcast Syndicate Website: https://guerrillapodcastsyndicate.com/
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe. So, you'll be notified when a new episode is posted in Apple podcast, Google podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, or via RSS . and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
You can also subscribe to the podcast app on your mobile device.
If you found value in this episode, Leave us an Apple Podcast review Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated.
They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you.
If you have a minute, please leave an honest review of Apple Podcasts. Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a note in the comment section below!
if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us. And if you want to know more check out www.kangaroofern.com