Season 2: Episode 12: New York Theatre Barn: How one non-profit Theatre Company pivoted through the COVID-19 Pandemic, Artistic Director Joe Barros & Associate Artistic Director Jen Sandler
Manage episode 287735057 series 2550309
New York Theatre Barn is an anti-racist, non-profit theatre company that has been dedicated to incubating new musicals since 2007.
In the first part of my interview with Artistic Director Joe Barros & Associate Artistic Director Jen Sandler, we discuss how New York Theatre Barn's pivot during the COVID-19 pandemic, enabled them to not only survive, but THRIVE!
The second part of our interview, where we discuss Lessons Learned, will be released at a later date.
Join New York Theatre Barn next Wednesday (3/24) at 7pm for a very special event, A Seat at the Table: A Panel on Women in Theatre. Click here for tickets!
Connect with New York Theatre Barn:
Connect with Joe Barros:
Connect with Jen Sandler:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, Alex, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O'Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on New York Theatre Barn:
New York Theatre Barn is an anti-racist non-profit theatre company that serves as a home for original culture shifting musicals during incubation. The company has been dedicated to incubating new musicals in front of live audiences since 2007. New York Theatre Barn also values musical theatre as one of the world’s supreme healing tools, and creates space for artists to dream about how beautiful and extraordinary the world can be.
New York Theatre Barn has three innovative core programming platforms that allow them to incubate new musicals in front of a live audience.
New Works Series presents pre-premieres of new musicals in the early stages of development in front of a live and virtual audience.
The Choreography Lab is the only curated choreography platform where choreographers and writers collaborate to develop movement for new musicals during incubation.
Residencies, mainly for new musicals, have been featured in their New Works Series and Choreography Lab. These shows are chosen for further exploration and development which have included readings, table readings, workshops, writers work sessions, and developmental productions.
Click here to find out about their Productions, Projects, & Shows In Development.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices