Manage episode 296991928 series 2896936
Welcome to Season 2, Episode 6 of our Back to Life: Finding Fulfillment After 50 Podcast. I'm very excited for you to meet our guest today, Coach Geno Auriemma! Coach Geno Auriemma has been the head basketball coach for the women's program at the University of Connecticut for over 30 years.
His achievements include:
- The highest winning percentage among NCAA basketball coaches at 88.5%.
- 11 NCAA Division I National Championships, the most in women's college basketball history
- 8 national Naismith College Coach of the Year awards
- 2 gold medals at the Olympics
In this episode, Coach Auriemma shares insights on:
- What he tells his players before championship games
- How he teachings people to expect success
- Why it's more important to focus on the process than the outcome
- And, why at 67 he is still coaching!
I know you are really going to enjoy the conversation with Coach Auriemma because of his wonderful experience, insight, heart & candor. Our discussion weaves through basketball, life and creating fulfillment. You are going to want to listen in and enjoy Coach Geno Auriemma.