Manage episode 297046629 series 2886852
Welcome to Episode 55 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
This episode is all about the importance of focusing on the Root Cause. If the aim is lasting results, today’s topic is an important one.
It’s easy to get caught up in quick fixes. To see improvements fast. For your child, this may include reducing or stopping problem behaviors.
But in addition to doing what you can tactically, it’s important to spend some effort on identifying and then taking action on the root cause as well.
This week’s secret is...
Root Cause Focus = Lasting Change
Early Intervention Services Are Symptom-Focused (3:05)
Improvements Are Possible In So Many Areas (5:00)
Autism is a Label of Symptoms, For Purposes of Treating Symptoms (6:55)
It's a Brain Issue That’s Stealing the Mind (8:05)
Root Cause > Cause > Symptoms (9:00)
Business Tools Can Help YOU Get Better (14:30)
It Takes Simple Steps and Curiosity (17:10)
Some Doctors ARE Focused on the Root Cause (18:45)
References in This Episode
- Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them:
- Learn About the All-In Warrior Parent Tribe: https://www.warriorparentbootcamp.com/membership
- Got a Picky Eater? - this can help: https://www.autismparentingsecrets.com/pickyeater
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at https://www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Follow Cass & Len on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/warriorparentcoaching/
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our "Autism Parenting Secrets!"
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!