Manage episode 286489631 series 1397548
Did you know that working through the messiness in relationships is the key to connection, trust and resilience?
You might think that perfect harmony is the defining characteristic of healthy relationships yet the truth is that conflict and messiness are not only OK but crucial to our social and emotional development to growth and intimacy.
We need mismatch because without it we can’t experience repair. It turned out on average 70% of the interactions were out of sync. And the repair where the action was. So the most important part was not the mismatch but the repair.
- Watch the Still-Face Experiment on Youtube.
- Get the book The Power of Discord: Why the Ups and Downs of a Relationship Are the Secret to Building Intimacy, Resilience and Trust
BECOME A SUPPORTER OF THE SHOW
1. With your support we can continue the production of the podcast uninterruptedly.
2. One time donations are also deeply appreciated.
FULL SHOW NOTES
I help overwhelmed, frustrated parents who want to parent differently than their parents, make sense of their early childhood experiences, connect to their authentic self and their children on a deeper level, reduce stress, bring more ease, calm and joy into their lives by yelling less, and practicing non-punitive discipline.
WORK WITH ME
Listeners of the podcast get 10% on my coaching services.
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
- Click here to get started with my Introductory (3 Sessions) Package or REAL Change Package - 6 Private Coaching Sessions-worldwide! :)
- Court-Ordered Parenting Classes (in person NJ, NY,and PA residents only)
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VALUABLE!
Do you have a comment, question, or a takeaway about this episode or the podcast in general?
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 right now and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website. Add your voice. It matters!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMIT YOUR PARENTING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE SHOW:
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NEED PARENTING SUPPORT?
Thanks for listening!
Anna Seewald, M.Ed, M.Psy
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author