Manage episode 288327535 series 2835259
Welcome to the 1st episode of SEASON 2 of The Art In Fiction Podcast!
Meet Charlie Lovett, bestselling author of 5 novels listed on Art In Fiction, including his most recent, Escaping Dreamland.
- What is a bibliophile and why do they interest Charlie so much?
- How Charlie chooses what to write about
- Genesis of Escaping Dreamland - what's with those children's series novels?
- Who really wrote the children's series so many readers grew up with (Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, et al)?
- Elements in Escaping Dreamland - New York, secrets, children's books, writers, and more
- Every good story starts with a question: what question launched Escaping Dreamland?
- Reading from Escaping Dreamland: Alice Gold: Girl Inventor
- Genesis of The Lost Book of the Grail - books, cathedrals, digital vs. analog, and history
- Why Barchester?
- The intriguing character of Arthur Prescott and his dislike of academic committee meetings (among other things)
- Use of the physical structure of the cathedral to hang the novel's plot on
- Why Jane Austen in First Impressions?
- Writing the avuncular relationship between a man and a woman
- Does Charlie have a favorite Jane Austen novel?
- The process of structuring a novel
- The benefits of reading novels aloud
- Inside the Writer's Studio - Charlie's podcast
- What's next for Charlie Lovett?
Press Play now & be sure to check out Charlie Lovett's novels Escaping Dreamland, The Lost Book of the Grail, First Impressions, The Bookman's Tale, and The Further Adventures of Ebenezer Scrooge, in the Literature category on Art In Fiction.
Charlie Lovett's website: https://charlielovett.com/
Inside the Writer's Studio Podcast: https://www.charlielovett.com/podcast/
Get 50% off your first digital audiobook on AudiobooksNow.com
Photo Credit: Strategic Arts & Productions
Intro: Paganology, performed by The Paul Plimley Trio; composed by Gregg Simpson
Ad: Celtic Calypso, performed by Lunar Adventures; composed by Gregg Simpson.
Subscribe to Art In Fiction to find out about upcoming podcast episodes, blog posts, featured authors, & more.
This website contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.