Manage episode 282148073 series 2835259
Welcome to the Art In Fiction Podcast!
In this Bonus episode, I've compiled advice from nine of the authors interviewed in Season 1 of the podcast. You'll learn five smart tips from Syrie James, Barbara Linn Probst, Maggie Humm, Stephanie Storey, Jeanne Mackin, Stephanie Cowell, Helaine Mario, Barbara Quick, and Patricia Morrisroe.
Tip #1: Write what you love to read
- Syrie James and Barbara Linn Probst talk about writing and reading what excites you.
Tip #2: Find a mentor
- Maggie Humm shares her experience with writing courses and working with a mentor.
Tip #3: Trust your gut
- Stephanie Storey talks about trusting your gut.
- Jeanne Mackin discusses what to do about that editor in your head.
- Stephanie Cowell reminds authors to stay true to their vision.
Tip #4: Develop a thick skin and a sense of humor
- Helaine Mario recommends staying true to the story you want to tell.
Tip #5: Write for the love of it
- Barbara Quick and Patricia Morrisroe talk about making a living as a novelist.
Press Play now and be sure to explore www.artinfiction.com to find novels by our featured authors.
Syrie James: https://www.syriejames.com
Barbara Linn Probst: https://www.barbaralinnprobst.com/
Maggie Humm: http://www.maggiehumm.net/
Stephanie Storey: https://stephaniestorey.com/
Jeanne Mackin: https://www.jeannemackin.com/
Stephanie Cowell: http://www.stephaniecowell.com/
Helaine Mario: https://helainemario.com/
Barbara Quick: https://www.barbaraquick.com/
Patricia Morrisroe: https://patriciamorrisroe.com/
Intro music: Symbolist Waltz from the album Alive in Seattle
Ad music: The Feverfrom the album Full Moon.
Composer: Gregg Simpson, performed by Lunar Adventures.
This website contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.