Manage episode 325414832 series 2775031
ANN/Groong Week in Review - April 10, 2022
- Opposition Protests in Yerevan: Thousands showed up to the opposition protest on Tuesday, outlining the red lines for Pashinyan’s dealings with Aliyev, ahead of the meeting in Brussels. Opposition says this is only the beginning, but have yet to indicate what their next steps will be.
- Buying Bread from a Man in Brussels: Pashinyan went to Brussels this week to meet with Charles Michel and Ilham Aliyev. Did the Armenian PM firmly set his foot down and demand Azerbaijan withdraw from Karaglukh? Will our POWs come back soon? Or did Pashinyan just eat his Azeri vegemite sandwich and come back home?
- Working for the man: The last time one of our guests Alison was on the show, she was hoping to help advise the Armenian government. We’ll hear about her experiences since we last spoke, and what kind of room Armenia has to maneuver in this complicated geopolitical situation.
- War and the Armenian Economic Outlook: With our analyst, we’ll look at some economic problems stemming from the larger war in the region.
- New MPG polls on Ukraine, Artsakh: The results of the newest MPG poll are out, with questions on Armenian sentiments about the war in Ukraine and other geopolitical issues. Are Armenians truly keen on opening the border with Turkey, with or without Turkish preconditions. Stay tuned to hear more.
- Alison in Artsakh: And lastly today, we’ll talk about the situation in Artsakh with Alison, who just returned from a weekend trip. She will share with us her impressions of her first time back since the war.
- Alison Tahmizian Meuse
- Hrant Mikaelian
* Hovik Manucharyan TW/@HovikYerevan
* Asbed Bedrossian TW/@qubriq
Episode 132 | Recorded: Monday, April 11, 2022