Manage episode 285942619 series 2293825
Guest: Steve Siegel, J.D., LL.M.
For your high income and net worth clients, there are many savvy strategies that can meet their benevolent desires while also providing for their loved ones and saving significant tax. In this PFP Section podcast episode, Steve Siegel, J.D., LL.M., fills you in on:
- The benefits of qualified charitable distributions (QCDs), the limitations, and the importance of timing this right
- The beauty of charitable remainder trusts, especially in an environment where capital gain rates may increase, and the cons
- The value of charitable lead trusts for your most affluent clients and why this may become a more popular technique if other wealth transfer strategies go by the wayside
Access resources related to this podcast: Note: If you’re using a podcast app that does not hyperlink to the resources, visit http://pfplanning.libsyn.com/ to access show notes with direct links.
- If you’re looking for ideas for your everyday clients, check out Steve’s charitable giving strategies for the masses.
- Use Steve’s Adviser’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning (included with PFP/PFS membership) as a reference library for a deep technical dive on charitable planning and much more.
- Visit Broadridge Advisor (included with PFP/PFS membership) to find client facing resources to educate and communicate with your clients about giving and many other planning topics.
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.
Subscribe to the PFP Podcast channel at Libsyn to find all the latest episodes or search “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on your favorite podcast app.