Manage episode 291881345 series 2293825
With tax increases and estate exemption decreases on the horizon, Bob Keebler walks you through several ways that Roth conversions may be beneficial sooner rather than later in this episode of the PFP Section podcast. Some ideas shared include:
- The advantages of Roth IRAs for those who will owe estate tax
- What to think about for clients with lesser means
- Why time is of the essence to look at conversions now
- Strategic and tactical considerations
- The best candidates and circumstances for Roth conversions
Access resources related to this podcast: Note: If you’re using a podcast app that does not hyperlink to the resources, visit http://pfplanning.libsyn.com/ to access show notes with direct links.
- Part 1: Important planning strategies in 2021: Step up in basis
- Part 2: Important planning strategies in 2021: Estate
- Part 3: Important planning strategies in 2021: Capital gains
- Part 4: Important planning strategies in 2021: Itemized deductions
- Proactive Planning Toolkit
- In-depth learning and slides: The latest and greatest with Roth conversion planning
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.
Subscribe to the PFP Podcast channel at Libsyn to find all the latest episodes or search “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on your favorite podcast app.