Manage episode 342853435 series 2806984
Listen in as Evan takes us through the evolution of CroweBuilt over the past six years, touching on his keys to thriving in a down market as well as exciting technological developments for the industry, QR codes being among them.
Evan speaks on the importance of setting expectations with clients early on and how CroweBuilt is able to skillfully honor the architect’s vision while factoring in the client’s needs and desires.
He talks about the advantages of being a cost-plus builder, his strategy for pricing in upgrades and options along the way, and how giving clients a construction questionnaire early on has been an invaluable part of the entire process.
- Visit https://buildertrend.com/aft/ to get a 60-day money-back guarantee on your Buildertrend account!
- Pella Windows & Doors - https://www.pella.com/
- Learn More/Register for Contractor Coalition Summit November 06-09 https://www.eventcreate.com/e/contractorcoalitionsummit
- [02:34] How Evan got involved with CBUSA and the Southern Living Custom Home Builder Program
- [07:06] How CroweBuilt has applied QR codes to construction
- [13:33] How the business has evolved over the past six years
- [15:37] What went into Evan’s decision to make his first hire
- [20:59] Hiring high-achievers and training them for future success in the industry
- [26:25] The QR code feature in action
- [34:45] Showcasing the build with Matterport as it nears completion
- [36:18] Areas in the business in which Evan aims to improve upon
- [39:21] Setting expectations with clients
- [42:11] Navigating tricky economic times
- [46:16] Pricing in upgrades and options as the build progresses
- [50:09] Avoiding pushback on retention at the beginning of the project
- [53:05] Factoring in allowances when creating a budget with cost-plus pricing
- [57:41] Why Evan gives his clients a construction questionnaire at the very beginning
- [01:01:32] Gaining credibility and trust as a construction company
Connect with Evan Crowe & CroweBuilt Homes:
- Website - https://crowebuilthomes.com/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/crowebuilthomes/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/crowebuilt
- Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/crowebuilt/
Connect with Brad Leavitt:
- Website - https://www.aftconstructionpodcast.com/
- Instagram - https://instagram.com/aft_construction
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/aftconstruction
- Houzz - https://www.houzz.com/pro/aft-construction/aft-construction
- Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.ph/AFT_CONSTRUCTION/
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzB4R_DHPVV1SPh7RUfR5jg
Key Quotes by Evan:
- Go the extra step to provide your trade partners with what they need for them to be efficient and make more money in the end.
- If you take care of your clients, they’re going to take care of you.
- You can be the best tile installer in the country, but that doesn’t mean you know how to run a business.