Manage episode 284842907 series 2362485
Threat of Domestic Terrorism
Table of Contents:
• Introduction: 00:00 – 00:54
• External vs. internal threats: 00:55 – 19:54
• Counterterrorism in an era of strategic competition: 19:55 – 25:22
• Vulnerabilities: 25:23 - end
Listen on iTunes Listen on Google Play
Listen on Academy’s Website
· Domestic threats pose a distinct risk which requires a different set of protections.
· Cyber and domestic threats are much more complicated and require a lot of local support.
· Social media not only allows for anonymous expression, but also a communication system, enabling both potential radicalization and mobilization.
· The impact of social media and smart devices requires a new review of how to manage potential monitoring strategies and civil liberties.
· Rail and road networks are part of the threat surface for domestic attacks.
· What is defined as a U.S. person extends to the cyber domain.
· The political intent of an act is important when determining terror threats.
· Work from home expands the threat surface for cyber hackers.
· Integrated operations between agencies may be needed to effectively address domestic threats.
· Counterterrorism abroad remains a focus even in an era of strategic competition.
· Electrical grid and financial markets remain vulnerable