Manage episode 337075648 series 2987502
Farnoosh Shokoofan is an energetic and innovative planner currently working as a strategic planner at Toowoomba Regional Council. She was awarded a Bachelor’s degree of Urbanism and completed her Masters of Urban Design in 2018. Farnoosh has worked as a planner both in Iran and Australia within various planning and development disciplines. She is the Queensland PIA Young Planner convener - responsible for leading the young planners.
Born and raised in a ‘megacity’, Farnoosh is enthusiastic about people and places. Her interests include placemaking, behaviour settings and analysis of users’ behaviour, and natural disaster resilience, specifically landslide resilience.
I chat to Farnoosh about some of the key issues and opportunities young planners are facing, including:
- What led her to becoming a planner
- What she would like to do with the next 5 years of your career
- Key issues young planners are most passionate about
- The changing role of a planner
- New skills that young planner are bringing to the profession
Hope you enjoy this chat :)