Manage episode 306788071 series 2825915
Today on the show, we have with us Jennifer McGlothin who is a psychiatric nurse practitioner. Jennifer and I have an informative conversation on medications for anxiety and OCD
- What is the role of a psychiatric nurse practitioner? Can they prescribe medication for mental health? Are they allowed to diagnose?
- What patients should know when they are starting a new medication or switching medication.
- How long does it take for psychiatric medication to work?
- Managing mental health medications
- The Importance of communication between patient and health professional
Related links and resources:
Jennifer McGlothin, psyNP
If you enjoy the podcast and want to support what we're doing, or if you’re looking for self-help materials to assist you on your journey of managing your anxiety and OCD in healthier ways. Audio teachings, relaxation exercises, and my book on how to find a therapist are provided for self-help via monthly subscription, go to www.patreon.com/hopeforanxietyandocd
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://hopeforanxietyandocd.com/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hopeforanxietyandocdpodcast
and like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hopeforanxietyandocd
for the latest updates and sneak peeks.