Manage episode 285952277 series 2582524
In this article, entitled "My Love Affair with Marijuana". It describes in some detail the author's journey that started with flirtation and ended in disaster, save for the wake-up call.
He comes to the following conclusions:
- It wasn't until I put on a new pair of glasses and looked back at my life to see how I had embedded a drug into my life as if it were the most natural thing in the world.
- Even after extreme embarrassment, I continued to not acknowledge, to deny, that I was profoundly addicted to pot (in addition to alcohol and other drugs) and yet I continued to seek it out.
- "It" starts early for most users, and because marijuana is cheap, easily available, and socially acceptable, it becomes readily integrated into daily life for young people.
- This is a place for me to tell you that today's pot is six to ten times more potent in its THC content than in the past; addiction comes faster and becomes more debilitating than ever before.
- When I admitted that I was utterly powerless over marijuana and alcohol and sought help, I understood that I could not use any mind-altering substance to have a life free from the insanity I so feared.