Manage episode 282820630 series 2798907
In the latest Crowdsourcing Sustainability Podcast episode, Ryan speaks with the Keeling Curve Prize's Executive Director, Jackie Francis about her story, this year's prize, and all the different ways the KCP is helping climate organizations.
$250,000 for climate solution initiatives!
The 2021 Keeling Curve Prizes will award $25,000 apiece to 10 winning projects that will help bend the Keeling Curve (CO2 in the atmosphere) down the fastest.
Applications will be accepted through February 10th.
- 0 - 1:40: Intro
- 1:40 - Important moments in Jackie's climate journey
- 3:20: What inspired you to start the Keeling Curve Prize?
- 5:45: What is the Keeling Curve? And how does the KCP work?
- 9:25: How do you evaluate projects/applications?
- 12:00: Who is eligible? How else are applicants supported?
- 16:30: Who are the orgs who have won the prize in the past and what are they doing?
- 20:20: Benefits of joining the Troposphere (KCP network)
- 23:20: Jackie's top 3 book recommendations
- 25:15: Key takeaways & final thoughts
- 27:40: Call to action: Apply for the prize and/or tell others about it!
More info on the prize:
There will be two winners for each of the following categories:
- Capture & Utilization
- Social & Cultural Pathways
- Transport & Mobility
So, if you or someone you know is working on a truly impactful solution to help stop global warming (and could use $25,000), apply online or spread the good word.